This is the smallest Mini Tower I have ever seen from Dell. But don't let the size fool you. This Optiplex 7040 MSRP is over $1900. Come with a powerful Intel Quad Core 6th Gen i7, 4GB DDR4 RAM, and pre-loaded with Windows 10 Pro.
This computer is incredible. Not only it looks good but the overall design is genius. On the front, you will find 2x USB 2.0 Ports, and 2 USB 3.0 Ports. Believe it or not, Dell even included a small speaker component behind the front grill which, I think, is loud and clear enough.
One thing, however, attracts one’s eye and we are sure that many users will like it – on the right hand side there are rubber feet. This means that Dell OptiPlex 7040 can be placed both vertically and horizontally. This allows you to place your monitor on top of the computer if space is a limitation.
On the back, you will find Dual Display Ports, and an HDMI port which means that you can easily connect three monitors without having a discrete graphics card.
The Optiplex 7040 motherboard offers 4 RAM slots and four PCI slots, two of which are PCIe x16 (when you add a second GPU, the second slot turns into a x4 mode). The other two can be used for the installation of a sound card or a PCI SSD.
Upgrade? Go Ahead. Take a look in the upper right. You can add memory, a bigger hard drive, WiFi and more. But here's the best part. You can custom configure your PC and still have it shipped the same day. That's right. We are THAT good.
Optiplex 7040 MT Specifications:
- Intel Quad Core i7-6700 3.4Ghz CPU
- 4GB DDR3 Memory
- 160GB HDD
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card
- 4x USB 3.0 Ports (2 front, 2 back)
- 6x USB 2.0 Ports (2 front, 4 back)
- 1x HDMI Output
- 2x DisplayPort Video Output
- Intel HD 530 intergrated Video
- Integrated Audio (AC97)
- 1x Serial Port
- Windows 10 Pro Pre-installed
- Includes pre-installed Recovery Partition.
More productivity per square inch
Small is mighty: Powered by the latest 6th generation Intel® Core™ processors.
Multitask smoothly: Up to 32GB of the latest DDR4 memory coupled with new PCIe solid-state drives.
Support for three displays: DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity for greater visibility of your tasks, even across multiple applications.
Expanded capabilities: Designed to support dual hard drives and expandable discrete graphics, to grow with your needs.
Scaled down chassis: The Mini Tower redesigned chassis is ~43% smaller, and the Small Form Factor was reduced by ~7%.
Secure ports and cables: Optional custom designed cable covers reduce clutter and seamlessly match the chassis design.
7040 Mini Tower Ports and slots
1. Slim 9.5mm optical drive | 2. SD media card reader | 3. Universal audio jack | 4. USB 2.0 ports (1 with PowerShare)| 5. USB 3.0 ports | 6. Natively supports 3 digital video outputs (DP, DP and HDMI) | 7. Optional VGA (not shown) | 8. Serial port | 9. More USB 3.0 ports | 10. USB 2.0 with smart power on | 11. Optional Platinum 92% efficient PSU | 12. Industry standard security slot
One Year Parts & Labor Warranty. Yes it is strange to see a warranty that long on something used or refurbished and even stranger to see it coming from a retailer rather than a manufacturer but that is what separates us from the crowd of computer retailers. Service after the sale and our warranty is what this company is all about.