- 21.5-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT LCD display with IPS, 1920x1080 resolution
- 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
- 8.0GB (2x4.0GB) PC3-10600 (1333MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM, supports up to 32.0GB, 2 slots open
- 500Gb Serial ATA hard disk drive
- DVD-RW/CD-RW SuperDrive-DL
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics with 512MB GDDR5 memory
- AirPort Extreme wireless card (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Built-in FaceTime HD camera
- 1- Thunderbolt port
- 4- USB 2.0 ports
- 1- FireWire 800 port
- 1- Ethernet port
- 1- Secure Digital (SDXC) slot
- Power Cable Included
- Mac OS X Sierra
The iMac "Core i5" 2.5 21.5-Inch Aluminum (Mid-2011) is powered by a Quad Core 2.5 GHz Intel "Core i5" I5-2400S (Sandy Bridge) processor with a dedicated 256k level 2 cache for each core and a 6 MB shared level 3 cache. In lieu of a system bus, it has a "Direct Media Interface" (DMI) that "connects between the processor and chipset" at 5 GT/s.
It is configured with 8GB of RAM (1333 MHz PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM), a 1TB hard drive, a vertically-mounted slot-loading DVDR DL "SuperDrive", and AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics with 512 MB of dedicated GDDR5 memory.
It also has a built-in "FaceTime HD" video camera and built-in stereo speakers underneath the 21.5" glossy 16:9 LED-backlit TFT Active Matrix LCD (1920x1080 native) display "with IPS technology".
Connectivity includes four USB 2.0 ports, a Firewire "800" port, built-in AirPort Extreme, Gigabit Ethernet, and an SDXC card slot as well as a single "Thunderbolt" port that is backwards compatible with Mini DisplayPort and, likewise, supports an external display up to 30" (2560x1600). Thunderbolt also supports other peripherals that use the Thunderbolt standard which provides up to 10 Gbps of bandwidth in both directions.
Externally, the "Mid-2011" iMac line uses the same "edge-to-edge" glass design and "seamless all aluminum enclosure" as the "Mid-2010" models that came before them. Internally, however, the "Mid-2011" line is equipped with faster processors and faster graphics processors, as well as the aforementioned external improvements of a higher resolution (and wider angle) webcam and Thunderbolt port.